Advertising messages, increasingly popular and more often available without intermediaries, are perfect for achieving marketing goals. Advertisers can not only promote themselves on Facebook but also, for some time, on Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Interestingly, you can also find an interesting feature useful for companies on SlideShare. Quoting the information contained in the report. Priming the Economic Engine. How Social Media is Driving Growth for Small and Medium Businesses (SMBs) “prepared by LinkedIn and TNS, it is clearly visible – advertising in social media pays off:
- 81 percent of small and medium-sized enterprises use social media to develop their business,
- 94 percent of small and medium-sized enterprises use them for marketing purposes,
- 3 out of 5 small and medium-sized enterprises record profits related to the use of social media,
- 91 percent of the above-mentioned believe that social media is effective and 81% that it helps to pave new business paths.
Marketing Activities In Social Media:
The popularity of social media means that practically every brand should be present in it. What are the specific benefits of marketing activities in social media?
- Reaching the right target group
- Social media offers a wide range of targeting options. Messages can be directed to very specific groups of recipients. Age, gender, place of residence, interests, and profession are just some of them.
- Presence in social media allows you to reach people potentially interested in your offer. Thanks to this, you do not have to waste resources on communication with a large group of recipients, of which only a handful belong to your target group, as is the case with traditional media.
- Knowing your audience
- Social media users are active. They create entries, share content, comment, and like. By analyzing the behavior of your target group in social media, it will be easier to create a message tailored to it.
- Building authentic commitment
- Social media works well in direct brand communication with the target group. Creating content that will interest the recipients will translate into their engagement.
- Easier customer service
- Sending a message or a comment on Facebook is one of the most convenient forms of contacting the company.
The Importance Of Social Media For The Press
For many media, social networking sites are a comparatively large source of traffic, as are Google searches, and in some cases even more important. This phenomenon has several reasons, the most important of which is content filtering. Friends usually have similar tastes and interests, so we can find out what’s going on and what to pay attention to. Social media has largely replaced the once-popular RSS readers because they can be used to track media channels (which boast about their publications) and content recommended by friends. As shown by Dominik Batorski’s analysis on the World Internet Project 2013 data, social media are primarily used to filter excess content.
Social Media – Journalist
For journalists, social media is also a great source of inspiration and materials, both by observing what their friends say and do and by following content published by particularly influential people or other media. After all, it is often possible to observe how quickly translated articles and summaries that previously gained popularity on websites such as Buzzfeed or Upworthy appear on Polish websites.
In addition, companies and brands themselves become broadcasters on social networking sites, creating their own profiles, channels, or blogs, and competing with traditional media for users’ attention.
Special Media Position On Facebook
For some time now, Facebook and its algorithms have treated media broadcasters and their pages in a special way, and these have introduced special communication strategies, including, for example, post targeting. The option of targeting content to specific users allows you to get a lot more engagement and makes the fan page much less exposed to negative feedback (hiding the post, disliking the page, hiding its content) because it is tailored to the interests of the recipient. This communication solution is often used by profiles that communicate very intensively on Facebook. He treats media and brands differently. The media post many times a day with no impact on coverage. Brands are penalized for too many posts with declining organic reach ( more in our analysis on posting frequency ).